Fall for Disney in a new way this season. There are wonderful celebrations this time of year making it a perfect chance to rediscover your favorite park or to make the most of your first visit!
Fall for Disney
There is no denying the fact that Disney is my family’s number one vacation destination! Actually, it is our home away from home and the place where we celebrate traditions and anticipate new adventures. We have been to Disney every season but my very favorite time to visit is during the fall!
Disney’s festivals and parties are the best! During the fall, guests can experience the International Food and Wine Festival at Epcot by day and the Mickeys Not-So-Scary Halloween Party at the Magic Kingdom by night. These two incredible events will spark your senses for a wonderful fall season!
A Season for the Senses
The entire park is a feast for the senses and seems to scream ‘fall time’! From Mickey inspired pumpkins, animated scarecrow faces, character costumes, and even the lights in the streets. The music takes on a fun ‘haunted’ nature and the aroma of everything apple and pumpkin fill the air and offer to satisfy fall cravings!
The weather is usually beginning to cool off in October and the crowds begin to thin.
I love that it gets dark early and the seasonal lighting adds an amazing element to the experience.
Epcot International Food and Wine Festival
The Epcot International Food and Wine Festival runs for two months during the fall season and surrounds the World Showcase Lagoon. Celebrating 35 countries with delectable cuisine and fabulous music from around the world, the food booths showcase the flavors and dishes that make each country unique. The recipes vary from year to year and I have yet to eat my way around the world. Probably because Greece is at the beginning and I never seem to have room left after that. Delicious!
Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party
This awesome separately ticketed event in the Magic Kingdom runs from 7:00 p.m. to midnight and is my most favored party of the year! Here is why:
- I love seeing all the guests in costume! The family, friend, and multi-generational themed costumes are inspiring.
- Wonderful entertainment, including Mickey’s “Boo to You” Halloween Parade, kicked off with the Headless Horseman; Hocus Pocus Villain Spelltacular; Happy HalloWishes Fireworks Show; and The Cadaver Dans Barbershop Quartet featured in Frontier Land.
- There are fewer people in the park so ride lines are shorter. The parade, fireworks, and villain spectacular are shown twice nightly which also helps clear the rides.
- The villains take on a friendlier and more interactive persona as they play and dance with guests.
- Halloween merchandise galore!
- All guests receive a cute trick-or-treat bag to fill with treats, snacks and more! Trick-or-Treat throughout the park, regardless of age or costume. Chocolate for everyone!!!! Allergy-free options are also available.
This was our third year in a row to experience the beautiful fall season at Disney. Why do we love these autumn activities so much? I would say it is about fewer people, incredible food, and the electric charge to our senses. Yep, it is my absolute favorite!
If you enjoy visiting with other Disney friends, please join us on
Going Out The Door Disney Facebook page.
You can find other Disney blogs by Angie Roberts Harris at Going Out The Door..com
It’s never to early to book your trip and “Fall for Disney!”
Attacking adventures, searching for amazing food, and finding new friends. Home in Branson, MO, or exploring Disney, I am searching for deals, finding new experiences, and sharing stories along the way.